Wednesdays from 2-4pm in room M-137
The Creative Writing Club is open to students who are interested in writing poetry, fiction, drama, screenplays -- creative writing of any kind or style!
During our meetings, we engage in a variety of activies:
* We write together, doing creative exercises and sharing our work
* We present work that we've written outside of the club and give each other feedback and encouragment for our projects
* We discuss the craft of writing, problems and issues related to writing, and the work of other writers
* We sometimes invite older, more established writers to visit and lead us in discussion or exercises
* While we do all of these things, we eat tasty snacks!
Most of the activities that happen at club meetings are suggested, planned, and led by the club members themselves. We like to maintain an informal atmosphere, so if you have work you'd like to present or an idea for an exercise or activity, work up some interest with other club members and you can make it happen!
We are also planning to hold an Open Mic event towards the end of the spring semester this year, so that club members will have a chance to share their work in a more public way, in front of other students and friends.
The Creative Writing Club meets on Wednesdays from 2-4pm in room M-137. To be a member, you do not have to attend every meeting. If you can only come for part of the two hours, that's okay too.
Come meet other writers, share your work, and get involved!